Sanctuary first founded in 1220, it was rebuilt between 1492 and 1622. It has got a Renaissance façade and a steeple from the 15th century, but a gothic interior archictecture and two spiral staircases on each side of the nave.

Located next to the Pantheon (which was originally a chuch as well), Saint Etienne du Mont holds the old tumbs of Saint Geneviève (Patron Saint of Paris), the dramatist Racine and the scientist and philosopher Pascal.