Bridges

Third older bridge of Paris, after Pont Neuf and Pont Marie it's listed among Historical Monuments. Built between 1685 and 1689, it was entirely financed by Louis XIV. It was also called Pont National and Pont des Tuileries.

This is the older bridge of Paris. Built of stones and wood, it was inaugurated in 1606 by Henry IV. The circular footstools were originally reserved for tradesmen. The lampposts were added by Baltard in 1854.

Link between the Isle Saint Louis and the Quai de l'Hôtel de Ville, it was originally built in wood and with houses. But, destroyed in 1658 durind the Seine floods, the minister Colbert ordered the reconstruction with stones, and the building of houses on a bridge was prohibited. It's the second older bridge of Paris. It's a nice and peaceful sight from the bank of the Seine on the Isle Saint Louis.

This bridge is listed among the Historical Monuments, and links the 16th and 15th areas. It is also famous thanks to a poem from Guillaume Apollinaire, named after it, and describing the mouvement of the water under it, a metaphor for the time passing...

Last born of the parisian bridges, it was inaugurated in 2006. It's a link between the area of Bercy in the 12th area ("Rive Droite"), and Tolbiac in the 13th area ("Rive Gauche") with the François Mitterrand library. Its two interlaced pieces were conceived in the Eiffel studios in Alsace.

It is named after the "double denier" that people had to pay to cross it. In 1515, a first bridge was built there, order by François Ier to bring ill persons to the Hôtel Dieu, a big hospital. Demolished in 1709, it was replaced twice. The second time in 1883, with the arch made of cast iron (an alloy of iron and carbon).

This bridge was inaugurated in 1900 in honor of the diplomatic alliance between France and Russia. Its decoration is rather rich, with quite a few lampposts and many sculptures recovered with gold. It links the 8th (Petit and Grand Palais) and the 7th areas (Invalides).

It collapsed in 1979, and the identical was rebuilt. First conceived as a suspended garden with a toll, it's now a metallic frame with a wood and pedestrian path. It links the 1st (Louvre) and the 6th (School of Beaux Arts) areas.

It was built in 1928, and holds a statue of Sainte Geneviève, patron saint of Paris, designed by the sculptor Landowski. It links the Isle Saint Louis in the 4th area to the 5th area (Arabic Institute).

The original bridge was inaugurated by Napoléon III. It became a pedestrian bridge in 1961, and then was demolished. Finally, it was rebuilt as a footbridge and called "Passerelle Solférino" until 2006, and links the Tuileries gardens in the 1st area to the Orsay Museum in the 7th area.

It was inaugurated in 1856 by Napoléon III, and rebuilt since. Today, it's not really a nice construction, but its interest is in the statue of the Zouave, the only survivor of the four soldiers who once ornamented the bridge. The Parisians measure the rise of the Seine by how far it is immersed. It's one of the four bridges linking the 8th to the 7th area, and it's also the limit between the 8th and 16th areas.